Day 3 was…interesting. I wound up on a liquid diet ALL DAY because I had dental work and had a decent amount of pain. My dentist is going to heroic efforts to save my tooth. Rough day though!
Basically, this is what day 3 looked like:
- Breakfast: Green Apple Spark, AdvoCare meal replacement shake (chocolate mocha! my favorite).
- Lunch: protein shake with rice milk
- afternoon: fruit smoothie
- Dinner: protein shake with rice milk.
HENCE, I did not write a post last night.
Day 4 is better. Still a bit of dental issues. So I kept foods not-so-chewy today. No exercise either because walking/pounding hurts my mouth.
Day 4 diet:
- Breakfast: Green Apple Spark, AdvoCare meal replacement shake (chocolate mocha again! YUM)
- Morning Snack: 2 clementines, 1T cashews (because they aren’t so hard!)
- Lunch: protein shake with rice milk. I couldn’t bring myself to chew a salad today. Maybe tomorrow
- Afternoon Snack: Limeade Spark which was awesome on a sunny afternoon, and raspberries
- Dinner: Cashew Chili. How I love Cashew Chili.
I got this recipe for the chili from Wegman’s long ago. I was visiting my family in Philly and went to Wegman’s – they had the chili in the prepared foods section and I LOVED it. Luckily, they shared the recipe. I love soups and stews and when they’re vegetarian, it’s even better.
Isn’t it pretty?
Cashew Chili – A few notes on this one. I do not have the time or patience to cook my own beans. So I used 3 cans of red kidney beans in the recipe. You can therefore skip the water and bay leaves. I also dislike huge chunks of tomatoes, so I use petite diced tomatoes. I LOVE the colors and the smells! So many spices. It also makes a LOT. 14 cups! It freezes just fine, so I throw some in a glass bowl with a lid and freeze it for the future. I’ll be having this for dinner tomorrow too. It takes about 1 hour total, and the last 15 minutes, you just let it cook.
My 2nd favorite Spark Flavor:
And with that, I will go to bed dreaming of my 1st favorite Spark flavor. You’ll find out tomorrow!
Love and hugs!