- Day 6 and 7 are complete. Day 6 was not ideal, but still ok. We had to travel an hour for my son’s soccer game at 7:30 AM – WAY early for a soccer game that is an hour away! I had my Spark in the car and a shake. Morning snack was a bar since it was easily portable. Lunch was my normal salad with seeds and protein. Afternoon snack was fruit and nuts. We went to a party so dinner wasn’t exactly on par, but close. I had quinoa black bean salad, guac, just a few chips and fruit for dinner. I’ll admit it….I had one Michelob Ultra. Now I feel guilty because the cleanse phase is no alcohol, but this is life and one 95 calorie beer isn’t going to kill me or ruin the entire plan. I wish I didn’t have it, but I’ll deal.
Day 7 was great. I did some food prep for the upcoming week. New salad is made.
By the way, these chopping scissors or whatever they are called from Pampered Chef are AWESOME for salad prep. I love getting the greens smaller so I don’t have stems hanging out of my mouth.
- Breakfast – Watermelon Spark, fiber, chocolate mocha meal replacement shake
- Morning snack – cashews, cantaloupe
- Lunch – quinoa, black bean, red pepper, cilantro salad (one of my favorites, recipe here)
- Afternoon snack – Muscle Gain protein shake
- Dinner – spaghetti squash with kale and chickpeas – I might be having this for the next few days. Recipe here. One of my favorite vegetarian dinners.
I’m learning to have the AdvoCare Muscle Gain protein as a snack when I know my dinner is more carb heavy….and to help keep my amount of protein up for the day’s total.
Weekends are great for food prep! Makes my work week so much easier to have food to grab and put in my bag. My fridge looks pretty.
Day 7 for the No Spending Challenge….moving right along! I went to the grocery store yesterday. Milk/bread/produce are on the list of things ok to purchase. I only got produce and just enough for the week because we have a history of wasting it! I still have plenty of milk and bread.
I needed gas…obviously also a necessary expense in order to get to and from work. But I completely forgot about gas in making our ground rules. I would like to be more conscious of my drive time/gas usage, and work on consolidating driving. I did use a 40 cents per gallon discount for filling the tank so at least there was some savings.
New week! Let’s do this!